Informed by insights from the 2022 ZEVTC Regional Dialogues and literature review, this brief outlines the status quo of EV charging infrastructure in emerging markets and developing economies (EMDEs), identifies key challenges for their deployment, and summarizes policies and practices that would ensure convenient and user-friendly charging events. Finally, it puts forward recommendations for ZEVTC members working to accelerate infrastructure deployment in EMDEs.
- Charging infrastructure deployment in emerging markets and developing economies
- Electrification of heavy-duty vehicles in emerging markets
- Deploying charging infrastructure to support an accelerated transition to zero-emission vehicles
- Zero-Emission Vehicles Progress Dashboard
- Heavy-duty zero-emission vehicles: Pace and opportunities for a rapid global transition