ZEV cost: Comparison of passenger car retail prices
Verified on 28 Aug 2023
Top selling ICE passenger car price comparison with equivalent EV passenger cars with or without incentives in select markets
|Market||Year||Top Selling ICE Passenger Car Model||ICE Price||Equivalent EV Passenger Car Model||EV Price before incentives||EV Price with incentives||EV/ICE Price Ratio before incentives||EV/ICE Price Ratio with incentives|
|Germany||2022||VW Golf Life 1.5 l TSI OPF||$ 32,793||VW ID.3 Pro 58 kWh||$ 42,117||$ 34,558||1.28||1.05|
|United Kingdom||2022||Nissan Qashqai Visia DIG-140 Mild Hybrid||$ 32,996||Nissan Leaf Acenta 39 kWh||$ 35,739||$ 35,739||1.08||1.08|
|France||2022||Peugeot 208 Like Essence 55 kW||$ 19,618||Peugeot 208 Like Electrique 100 kW||$ 36,646||$ 31,381||1.87||1.60|
|United States||2022||Toyota RAV4 LE FWD||$ 29,610||VW ID.4 Pro AWD||$ 49,090||$ 41,590||1.66||1.40|
|Canada||2022||Toyota RAV4 LE AWD||$ 27,562||VW ID.4 Pro AWD||$ 44,733||$ 40,892||1.62||1.48|
|Japan||2022||Toyota Corolla Corolla sedan X; Gasoline / 1.5L / CVT / 2WD FF||$ 15,133||Nissan Leaf Leaf X (2WD); 40 kWh||$ 31,035||$ 25,103||2.05||1.66|
|India||2022||Maruti Baleno Sigma||$ 9,497||Tata Tigor EV XE||$ 15,890||$ 12,839||1.67||1.35|
Source: ICCT research. All prices converted to USD as per 2022 exchange rate.
Notes regarding exclusion and inclusion of taxes and other fees in prices before incentives:
- Germany – Excluding delivery and registration costs, including VAT. Includes Umweltbonus and Innovationprämie incentives.
- United Kingdom – Including VAT and vehicle tax incentives.
- France – Excluding registration fee, including VAT and delivery fee. Includes Bonus écologique and Prime à la conversion incentives.
- United States – Including destination charges, delivery, processing and handling fees. Includes Federal Tax credit incentives.
- Canada – Including dealer fees and delivery charges. Includes federal iZEV rebate.
- Japan – Excluding tax, insurance premium, compulsory liability insurance, recycling costs, registration fee. Including consumption tax and national purchase subsidy.
- India – Ex-showroom prices. Includes ₹10,000/kWh up to 20% of the cost base.